Gresser Hayes House
225 S Presa StREET
A small house was already standing on this property when it was purchased by Louis Gresser in 1861. Gresser enlarged the house to its present size and on the block-deep lot built other structures, including those that still stand on Navarro Street to the west. Detailing of the street façade is marked by particularly fine French doors and casement windows that open to the east-facing shaded porch. Few houses of this once-common type remain in the city. The Gresser house is owned by the San Antonio Conservation Society and used for offices.
‘San Antonio Architecture, Traditions and Visions’, AIA San Antonio, 2007