The Jackson House is a brick masonry Victorian Queen Anne with a double front gable and octagonal turret. Notable details on the front porch are a spindle frieze and spindlework balusters.
Moses Jackson bought this lot from Mrs. P. H. Groesbeck in June 1894. He granted a Mechanic’s Lien to Charles G. Boelhauwe in exchange for the construction of a one-story brick, metal roof house of eight rooms. It was to cost $2500 and be complete no later than 20 November 1894. He was here from 1894 until 1915. Helene Guenther (250 Washington Street) purchased the property and after the death of her husband, Fritz, sold it to their daughter and her husband, Amanda and W. C. Church, Mrs. Church sold the house to Manuel and Elisa R. de Mora in 1920. Mr. Mora, a Spanish interpreter for Wolff & Marx, continued to live here until about 1933. The house was a rental for 10 years before it sold to Tom and Mattie (Scherff) Dickie in 1943. Tom Mosty bought the property in 1978 and Donald P. Noble in 1993. It is not The Jackson House Bed & Breakfast.
The King William Area, A History and Guide to the Houses, Mary V. Burkholder and Jessie N.M. Simpson; published by the King William Association, 2017